[Opengenalliance] Hello

Andrew Turvey andrewrturvey at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 15 21:48:13 BST 2011

Hi all,

I'm the Chair of Wikimedia UK, the organisation that supports and
promotes the Wikipedia free content encyclopedia here in the UK -
until tomorrow that is, as our AGM is tomorrow and my year at the helm
is coming to an end! Hopefully I will still be on the board after that
depending on what the members think of me :)

I've been interested in genealogy since I was about 8 years old and
currently have a printed family tree in my hallway with several
thousand names on it. I mostly use ancestry (yes I know!) but also
load all my information into werelate.org, which is currently the
world's largest free content family tree site.

Incidentally, Wikimedia UK has had some conversations with the
National Archives re free content, but much of their digitised content
is unfortunately licensed to for-profit websites.

Regards,

Andrew Turvey