[Opengenalliance] old bailey proceedings

todd.d.robbins at gmail.com todd.d.robbins at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:26:49 BST 2011

Jim,

I think that we're finding that is especially true in the UK, and maybe less
so in the US like Ben Brumfield has previously mentioned.

Libraries and archives in America (since that is my context) are facing
a plenitude of problems aside from funding digitization and data hosting. It
is a shame, in my opinion, that our municipalities will subsidize private
sports stadiums while pulling funding from their libraries and archives. Of
course, the argument always follows that our public institutions are rarely
self-sustaining. I suppose we need to continue to discover and invent new
ways of generating concern for culture.

I believe Open Genealogy Alliance is one of those ways.

Tod