[Opengenalliance] old bailey proceedings

Javier Ruiz javier at openrightsgroup.org
Mon May 16 16:26:55 BST 2011

Guy

sorry I missed this point before.

> Rather than fight these companies it would be better to try to find common
> ground where there is a balance between commercial access and free access.
> Cheers

This is one area where it would be great to have some ideas. Also, because
commercial activities in the future could be very diverse and follow other
models completely different to the main sites nowadays.

So far proposals tend to look at this in serial mode, as in first closed
commercial, then after a period open, but do you think there could be other
ways?

BTW, I checked your signature site, amazing transcription work. Have you
thought about using an open license, such as Creative Commons, instead of an
ad-hoc one? Just curious if you had any strong opinions.

best, Javier