[Opengenalliance] RootsTech 2012: GEDCOM X and historical-data.org

nick.barratt at virgin.net nick.barratt at virgin.net
Thu Feb 2 18:20:25 GMT 2012

According to the keynote presentation this morning, Family Search are
advocating
open source and want the new GEDCOM to be a more effective exchange
mechanism to
facilitate transfer to other platforms, linked to work on semantics and
enhanced
data access; demonstration of new Google development on microdata and
schema on
historical-data.org to enable search engines to extract connectivity and
relevance to data rather than simple word search for embedded text in
websites,
making it more intelligent - geni, familysearch, we-relate have adopted
these
standards for the Chrome browser to extract data from across the web and
link to
their content