[Opengenalliance] hackday at the national archives

Javier Ruiz javier at openrightsgroup.org
Thu Mar 22 17:27:08 GMT 2012

http://labs.nationalarchives.gov.uk/wordpress/index.php/2012/02/datasets-for-hack-day-hack-on-the-record/

Over the weekend of 24 and 25 March, The National Archives is holding its first hack day.

We will be opening up the archives (http://hackontherecord.eventbrite.co.uk/) to web developers and designers to encourage them to gather and exchange ideas and make use of The National Archives’ data and documents.

We want to work with developers who share our interest in history, government and culture, to devise and build systems using our records, as well as datasets from across the web. Non-developers are also welcome – anyone with ideas for interesting tools, visualisations or systems developers could build using our data.

--
Javier Ruiz
javier at openrightsgroup.org
+44(0)7877 911 412