[Opengenalliance] Update from Cornwall

Alexandra Eveleigh aeveleigh at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 19 15:08:56 GMT 2013

Thanks Ben for help with threads!  For info., archives-nra is the UK
equivalent of the US Archives & Archivists mailing list, but unlike A&A
it's independently moderated rather than managed by the professional
association.  Its origins lie with the National Register of Archives back
in the 1990s (hence -nra) but it has long since operated as the main
professional archivists' discussion forum in the UK.

I wasn't thinking that TNA would offer legal advice - but they should be
able to say whether or not they've been able to issue policy guidance to
local archives, which would in turn give some idea of what GRO's current
position is or isn't on matters that GRO are clearly seeing as linked (even
if in reality they're not, or not really).  And I know the climate's
supposed to be nice on the English riviera, but unless they've some really
exceptionally long-lived people in Cornwall, I doubt Susan's D.P.
responsibilities would be relevant anyway... ;)

Alexandra