[Opengenalliance] Mormon church’s FamilySearch joins forces with Ancestry.com

todd.d.robbins at gmail.com todd.d.robbins at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 18:29:24 BST 2013

Ben,

Here are all the news articles I could round up about the known details:

   -
   http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/money/56830408-79/records-ancestry-com-online.html.csp
   -
   http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865585877/LDS-FamilySearch--Ancestrycom--1-billion-new-historical-records-online.html
   -
   http://www.heraldextra.com/news/local/central/provo/ancestry-com-joins-forces-with-lds-owned-familysearch/article_4ce0e3fc-067a-5546-8f00-a0d0e111033a.html
   -
   http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/09/06/mormon-church-history-center-ancestrycom-join-forces-to-digitalize-more/

You may be right about this deal being a better deal in the end for
Ancestry.com as the *Daily Herald *article makes it sounds more exclusive
to Ancestry. More reason to get to work now.

:D

BTW: Great example of the paywall with those links.